New York City is a major hub for private equity activity so here is a list of the top private equity firms located in New York.
- Goldman Sachs Principal Investment Area = 49.05 billion
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts = 39.67 billion
- Apollo Management = 32.82 billion
- Blackstone Group = 23.3 billion
- Warburg Pincus = 23 billion
- Cerberus Capital Management = 14.9 billion
- AIG Investments = 14.22 billion
- Fortress Investment Group = 14 billion
- Clayton Dubilier & Rice = 11.38 billion
- Lehman Brothers Private Equity = 10.22 billion
- J.C. Flowers & Co. = 7 billion
- New Mountain Capital = 6.69 billion
- MatlinPatterson = 6.67 billion
- W.L. Ross & Co. = 6.65 billion
- Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe = 5.88 billion
(excerpted from the blog Private Equity Blogger)
Be sure to check out our PDF guide “How to Nail Your Private Equity Interview (whether you have finance training or not)” for in-depth tips and strategies on how to successfully interview for jobs at top private equity firms!
Also be sure to check out our step-by-step Private Equity LBO Modeling Training Videos for walk-through tutorials on how to build an LBO model, navigate Excel with ruthless efficiency, and rapidly create an LBO PowerPoint deck to present to your PE interviewers.